Now that you have your beautiful lash extensions, microbladed Brows, or Skin Tightening session completed you will need to follow some simple aftercare rules.
Remember, just like nails, your natural lashes grow, and this means that your set will start to look less full over the weeks. After 2 – 3 weeks you will require a maintenance appointment, if you wish to keep them looking their best. You will see your eyelash extensions naturally shedding daily, so do not be alarmed as this is perfectly normal. Your natural eyelashes do this every day, but you just cannot see them.
Clients returning for infills must return with at least 50% of their set remaining, otherwise this will be classed as a full set and the full set fee will apply. Clients that attempt to return for an infill outside of the designated infill time frame set by their lash artist, may be charged for a full set of eyelash extensions due to the additional work now required to rectify the set.
At an infill we remove extensions that have grown out and twisted, and replace those extensions that have naturally shed with your natural lashes.
Humans shed approximately 2-5 natural eyelashes per upper lid, per eye, per day (lets average this at 3 per day), and your lash artist will apply approximately 100 extensions to the suitable natural lashes of each eye, therefore you will see the following general loss patterns:
After 7 days you will lose 21 extensions
After 14 days you will lose 42 extensions
After 21 days you will lose 63 extensions
Therefore after 3 weeks you may have lost over half your set.
It is normal to lose up to 5 extensions per eye within the first 24 hours, do not worry.
Now you can see why your lashes, just like your nails, have to be maintained to keep them looking their best; because eyelashes grow and shed daily!
Eyelash Aftercare Rules
Eyelash adhesive actually takes 24 hours to completely cure and therefore, the first 24 hours are the most important time to ensure that your lashes will last.
Do not get your extensions wet for the first 24 hours – exposing your new extensions to any moisture such as steam, high humidity and water, will result in the lash glue over-curing and becoming brittle, and your extensions will fall off within a few days.
After 24 hours please keep your extensions clean – clean them gently, as instructed by your lash technician and with a designated lash cleanser. Bodily oils that travel onto your extensions will break down adhesive if not removed by cleaning. Failure to clean your lashes will not only result in poor retention, but the build up of bacteria, and can lead to eye infections.
Keep oil based products away from your extensions, and limit the use of oily products on your face if possible. Oily products are absorbed into the skin and these then leave your body through pores in your skin, including your eyelids. This oil can travel onto the extensions and break down the glue.
Brush your extensions at least 4-5 times a day to keep them looking neat, tidy and uniformed.
Do not pick or pull at your extensions. The adhesive, although safe to use, is very strong and picking or pulling will pull your natural lashes out.
Do not sleep on your face. Your extensions are delicate, so ‘face planting’ in your pillow will cause your extensions to fall out where they are being rubbed out in the night.
Always return for infills within the time set by your therapist, leave them to fall out naturally, or get them removed professionally. Never attempt to remove the extensions yourself.
NEVER apply mascara or liquid or gel eyeliner to your extensions or upper eyelid. Both will adhere to the extensions, cannot be safely cleansed off and will create a breeding ground for bacteria. If you ignore this rule then you may be charged for a removal and full set.
Always arrive with clean extensions. The job or your lash artist is not to clean your lashes due to the lack of client aftercare. Unclean extensions will either require a full removal for client safety, an additional cleansing fee, or less lashing time due to the cleaning time needed.
Microbladed Eyebrows, Eyeliner, Lips, etc
In general, taking care of the area of skin where microblading took place is similar to tattoo care, if a bit more intensive. The pigment immediately following the procedure will appear quite dark, and the skin underneath will be red. About two hours after microblading, you should run a wet cotton swab that has been dipped in sterilized water over the area. This will get rid of any excess dye that’s on your brows. It will also keep the area sterile. It will take anywhere from 7-14 days for the skin to begin to appear healed and for the pigment to fade to its regular shade.
Follow these steps to properly take care of your skin after microblading:
1. Avoid getting the area wet for up to 10 days, which includes keeping your face dry during a shower.
2. Don’t wear makeup for at least a week. This is because the pigments are still settling in to the shallow cuts in your skin caused by the blading.
3. Don’t pick at scabs, tug, or itch the eyebrow area.
4. Avoid saunas, swimming, and excessive sweating until the area is completely healed and you have a follow-up appointment.
5. Keep your hair away from your brow line.
6. Apply any medicated cream or healing balm provided by your technician as directed.
Most technicians recommend getting a “touch-up” of your microbladed eyebrows at least once a year. This touch-up will involve adding pigment to the outline of the brows that you have already.
After your skin is fully healed, you’ll want to protect your microblading investment by taking care of your skin. Applying a sunscreen to the microbladed area may help prevent fading. Like similar cosmetic treatments — such as eyebrow tattooing — microblading is permanent but will fade. Fading may occur at a faster rate than brow tattooing due to the smaller amount of pigment used. Two years after your initial procedure, you’ll most likely have to repeat the procedure in its entirety.
Skin Tightening Aftercare:
Following good and consistent aftercare will help ensure the best outcome to your treatment investment! Be patient, be diligent!
*Please remember it takes a FULL 8 WEEKS to see final result. After dots shed, the skin may appear healed, but that is just the beginning as the skin underneath does its work. It takes 4 weeks for collagen and elastin production to BEGIN! Be patient!
1. Always keep the area clean to avoid infections until the carbon crusts (scabs) have formed and exfoliated on their own. Removing the scabs prematurely will result in scarring.
2. The are will feel like a mild-moderate sunburn but if necessary, you may Ice the treated area (use a clean tea towel/paper towel to cover the ice pack each use) alternating 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off for up to 1 hour for the first 2 days.
3. Keep the treated area clean using a mild unscented glycerin or Dove unscented soap 2x day (morning & night). Gently splash the area with cool water and very gently cleanse with soap and rinse thoroughly. Use very mild/gentle pressure when cleansing the area. DRY VERY WELL – PAT DRY- KEEP DRY! Make sure the skin feels dry and tight before applying aftercare spray then allow to air dry. Repeat daily as this will help relieve pain/itching each day until your scabs fall off on their own.
• IMPORTANT! Allow scabs to come off on their own. This will ensure the best possible healed result and avoid scarring and infection. Do NOT pick for any reason!
• Do not apply makeup (even mineral makeup) until the scabbing is complete. This is to avoid infection or disrupting the scabs prematurely.
• IMPORTANT! Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds to the treated area- Once the scabbing process is complete, always apply broad spectrum SPF to the area for a minimum of 3 months after your last treatment. This skin is still healing and can easily become damaged by any UV rays and may cause hyperpigmentation and/or premature aging.
• Do NOT apply any home remedies, plasters (liquid bandaid) or ointments other than what is provided to you. This may delay the intended healing process and or cause infection.
• Do not workout, swim, hot tub or steam bath until scabs have exfoliated.
• BE PATIENT WITH THE HEALING PROCESS AND ALLOW YOURSELF TIME TO REST & HEAL.
**Swelling is to be expected after this type of treatment. This is due to the fact that the area will be recovering from a deliberate controlled wound, therefore the natural side effect is swelling. There are steps to minimize swelling (ice and antihistamin), but swelling cannot be avoided. You can’t avoid or cure the swelling- it is a response to trauma. The swelling will subside in a matter of days.
Aftercare vs. No Aftercare
The small investment in aftercare products makes a HUGE difference. Lashes are THICKER, DARKER, CURLIER, and last much longer—which saves you time and money because they cut down on the number of visits you have to make
Lash Poo Eyelash Shampoo - $14.97
The secret to LONG-LASTING eyelash extensions is squeaky-clean lashes and aftercare. Lash poo gently cleanses your lash extensions of oil, dirt, makeup, and other debris leaving you lashes soft, clean, and healthy! Follow up with Lash Sealant.
For best results use 2 - 3 times per wk. 60ml Bottle
Lash Sealant - $15.99
Lash sealant for lash extension application protects the lashes from oil, moisture and dust, increases the bonding strength of the adhesive, extends the life of the lashes but also leaves a lovely glossy finish.
Mascara for Lash Extensions - $13.99
This mascara is designed specifically to enhance eyelash extensions
Black Diamond Lash Sealer/Mascara Combo - $18.99
For a thicker, more vivid and luxurious look, rich Black in Color, and increases Bonding Strength of lash extension adhesive.
Basic Eyeliner for Lash Extensions - $9.99
Quick-drying, non-oily, waterproof and long-lasting. Takes only one stroke.
Dbl Headed "Cat Eye" 24-hr Liner - $17.99
Super Easy Eye Liner with Makeup Vamp Stamp, give you a professional “Cateye” every time. Easy to apply, quick-drying, waterproof, anti-smudge, and lasts all day.
Eyelash Serum - $27.99
For NATURAL lashes.
Provides superior nourishment to damaged lashes and follicles. Apply 3 -5x daily.
BEST Length Eyelash Serum - $39.99
Brush along the roots of the eyelashes just like eyeliner. Safe to use with Lash Extensions. Apply 2 - 3x per day for long, luxurious lashes.
Can be used to grow eyebrow hair.
Tat Brow 24Hr Pen - $9.99
The official Microblading Eyebrow Pen that uses high quality makeup to fill in your eyebrows with natural-looking hair-like strokes that last up to 24 hours.
Colors: Brown/ Dark Brown/ Ash Blonde In Stock
Skin Candy - $29
Apply 2x Daily for two weeks to insure color vibrancy. Forms a water-proof, protective barrier over microbladed areas to prevent moisture from converting “hair strokes” into lines, stabilizes color and prevents premature fading..
Silver Chamomile - $39
Assists in wound healing and skin tightening after Plasma Lift/Fibrobast treatments